Alec Hunter offers a broad range of curriculum and recreational trips and visits to support and enrich our educational provision. Most of our one day visits coincide with our Skills Day programme, thus ensuring that students do not miss timetabled lessons.
We try to ensure that there is a spread of visits across all year groups, so that there are opportunities for students at both Key Stages and at all stages in their learning.
In Year 11 we operate a strict policy of trips and visits available only on skills days or out of hours. This is to ensure that Year 11 students do not miss any timetabled lesson time at all.
Some notable recent trips have included:
- History visits to the First World War battlefields around Ypres in Belgium
- PE Ski trips to Austria
- Humanities trips to Berlin
- MFL trips to Northern France
- Business Studies trips to Cadbury's World and Colchester Zoo
- Geography visits to the Olympic Village Trip
- English visits to the Globe Theatre
- Drama Department visits to West End Shows