There are 50 x 1 hour lessons per fortnight with time allocations per subject in line with National Curriculum recommendations. All students study French in Years 7 and 8. The majority of students also study German or Spanish in Year 8, whilst those who find languages more difficult receive additional English lessons at these times.
In all years of KS3 and KS4, students have one hour per fortnight of Learning for Life, covering PSHE, Sex & Relationships Education, Work-Related Learning and Careers.
At Key Stage 4 All students study a Core curriculum of English, Maths, Science, PE and Learning for Life. In addition to the Core subjects, students are also able to choose from and follow GCSE courses in:
- Science option (Additional Science or Triple Science. The Triple Science option consists of 3 separate sciences, Biology, Chemistry and Physics).
- A Technology subject (Catering, Graphics, Resistant Materials, Textiles, Engineering)
- Art & Design
- Media Studies
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education (GCSE) / BTEC Sport
- Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Business Studies
The following courses are run in partnership with the College at Braintree but are only available to selected students:
- Hair & Beauty Therapy (Level 1)
- Construction (Level 1)
- Motor Vehicle Certificate (Level 1)